2011年5月17日 星期二

evalutaion

Looking back these two years, I think I did learned and also change a lot.
In the first year, I think I am quite open-mind, using different materials, interested in diversity fields, such as fashion, story developing, film making. I feel happy and passion when I doing this, I did not limit my style , enjoy making stuff and just follow what tutor said.

In the second year, I was setting up myself to focus on children books, I think I try to be " childlike " on every project, kind of too over, because some of them do not suit this style. In this case, I kind of stuck on it.




Look through these projects in my second year, I was excited about the Moby Dick,and also children's book.
I was try to combine two of them, but generally speaking, moby dick is not even a children's book, in my opinion, is a very sad story with some scary truth, that why the final outcome become a children-like book. childlike drawings with scary text choosing.

By the process of doing macmillan, i was struggling with story choosing, should i make a story or choose one of the old story. I would like a make a story, but sometimes my set-up is a little bit too complicated, always put too much message inside, but do not really think about how kids may like. For instance, I was thinking about adventure story, then I want to make them funny, fantasy, too much turning point but even I already put these things, I still thinking about make it meaningful. In the process of making story, I was failed again and again, I almost give up and start to draw momotaro and alice in wonderland. The drawings of alice in wonderland i made has the same problems as Moby Dick, it looks like a set-up scene.After meeting with classmate and mary, I decide to change again, I was make a simple, small topic as my main idea, and try to imagine everything connected, as the first idea, " kite", I was went to a kite festival in France, also thinking about fly. After all, the story is not really a story, isnt telling any meaningful things at all, but it make kids to think about fly, to think beyond the story I tell. I like the part of thinking and solve questions, makes me happy.


there are some example, my works has start to be a piece of picture which is already set-up.
the question is i may be can tell a story by a piece of drawing, but now i cant tell story by pieces of drawings. Is it because i didnt understand the story? or is it now i cant turn the text into drawings?

It has been two years, I still have many things to concern, style, skill, target, what I am going to make? So many questions there to think about. After more research, and improve technical skills, hope everything will going well.

沒有留言:

張貼留言